Driving Under the Influence

Welcome, being charged with Driving Under the Influence (DUI) can be a stressful time in your life. The ramifications of having a DUI on your record can impact multiple areas of your life, including, personal, professional, and financial. The Law Office of Param S. Pabla understands the impact a DUI can have on its clients. As a member of the California DUI Lawyers Association, Mr. Pabla has represented clients charged with a DUI in the Sacramento area for years. He vigorously works towards minimizing the impact a DUI will have on their lives both in court as well as before the DMV. Let his experience, dedication, and knowledge work for you.

DUI Frequently Asked Questions:

What is Driving Under the Influence (DUI)?

Vehicle Code Section 23151 is the drunk driving statute. Sub-part (a) makes it unlawful to drive a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Sub-part (b) makes it unlawful to drive a vehicle with a blood or breath alcohol level of 0.08% or higher.

What is the Punishment for a DUI?

Generally, for a 1st offense for a DUI, the following is the punishment:

  • Jail Time: 0 – 6 months
  • Fines: $390 – $1000
  • Alcohol Classes: 3 to 9 Months
  • Probation: 1 – 5 years

Can a DUI charge be reduced?

Yes, in some cases a DUI can be reduced. It may be dismissed, or reduced to a wet reckless, dry reckless, or other lesser charge. All the reductions would be more beneficial than having a DUI on your record.

Will the DMV suspend my license?

A person who takes a breath test, which indicates a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.08% or more, will have his driver license confiscated by the arresting officer. The officer will give notice to the driver of his right to request a hearing before the DMV within 10 days. Failure to request a hearing within the time frame may result in the DMV suspending the driver license.

Should I request a hearing before the DMV?

Requesting a hearing before the DMV may help you in fighting your case in court. The Law Office of Param S. Pabla has experience is effectively utilizing a DMV hearing to benefit a clients court case.

If my license is suspended by the DMV, can I get a restricted license?

If the DMV suspends your license, after 30 days, you can request a restricted license for the remainder of your suspension. The Law Office of Param S. Pabla can help you get your restricted license.

Contact Us

Law Office of Param S. Pabla


Disclaimer – The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The content of this Website may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website.